We are now listed in the Sing Your Part app!
To get started, follow these instructions:
1. Once you open Sing Your Part, select “Mount Barker Presbyterian Church” from the list of churches.
2. Next, click the “This Week” button on the bottom left side of the screen. This will take you to a page where you can see the songs selected for the upcoming Sunday (we are initially trialing the app for Open Doors Thursday).
3. Open a song. First, press the play button to listen through the song to get a feel for how it sounds; swipe to the right to view the sheet music with the text. Then, isolate your voice part by tapping either the Soprano, Alto, Tenor, or Bass button. Soprano refers to high-pitched female voices, Alto refers to low-pitched female voices, Tenor refers to high-pitched male voices, and Bass refers to low-pitched male voices. If you need help identifying which voice part you should sing, talk with our hymn leader.
4. As you learn how your part sounds, gradually adjust the volume sliders to bring the other parts back in while you continue to sing your part. Do this until all the parts are the same volume as your own part.
5. Then, to further solidify your knowledge, gradually turn the volume of your own part down, until you can confidently sing your part.
6. This process takes time. It may take several practice sessions to master one song. But if you stick to it, the fruit will be incredibly rewarding—even if you only practice 5-10 minutes a day.
Please note that Sing Your Part will be on the Google Play Store soon, but until then, Android users can access Sing Your Part in any internet browser through SingYourPart.app. This link works on any device and in any browser, and anyone is free to use it.