Our church family are following a ‘Read-the-Bible-in-a-Year’ plan called ‘To the Word’ sourced from Christ Church in Moscow, Idaho. Read along with us by accessing the plan here.
There are a number of Apps that can help you keep track of your reading, along with the printable reading plan.
Christ Church provide the following tips to help you with the Bible Reading Challenge:
We have two major goals.
- We want to see you succeed! We are all about helping you overcome those obstacles that have kept you from the Word. This is a down to earth, practical and realistic plan without any guilt.
- We want to encourage you to invite people to join you in reading and talking about the Word. This is not our secret food, but a world wide feast!
Bible Reading Challenge Distinctives
- If you fall behind, jump back in! If you missed breakfast and lunch, you don’t have to eat them before you can eat dinner. Eat with us now! Always start with today’s reading. The plan includes catch-up days because we understand real life!
- Theologically diverse, literally on the same page. Because our focus is so Word-centric, we can trust our differences to the Holy Spirit. We are free to simply encourage one another without worry. We are not teaching Scripture to one another, but rather sharing a love of Scripture with each other.
- Don’t let your perfect ideal be the enemy of a good habit. You can’t possibly get everything out of it – but don’t worry. You will be back! Because our goal is lifelong reading of the Word, you will have many more opportunities to understand that passage more.
- Our pace is fast, but not nearly as fast as you might think. Time yourself reading (just normal reading!) 2 Timothy. This is a four chapter book, and about the daily reading length for the summer. In all likelihood it will take you much less time than you expected! If you still don’t think you have the time, check your screen time!
- Nothing is for sale in the Bible Reading Challenge. This is a grassroots ministry of people who love the Word. You won’t need to buy anything, subscribe to anything, or charge your friends to join you!
- Our goal is habit formation, not a one-off perfect performance. We want to help you overcome those obstacles that have been keeping you from the Word.